Published by admin on 04 May 2011
The Louisiana Coalition for Science is pleased to post (in alphabetic order) the following statements and letters of support [pdf] for the repeal of the creationist Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) (added on May 6, 2011)
- American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS)
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
- American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB)
- Clergy Letter Project (added on May 7, 2011)
- Louisiana Association of Biology Educators (LABE)
- Louisiana Science Teachers Association (LSTA)
- National Association of Biology Teachers (NABT)
- Paul Gross and Lawrence Lerner statements
- Society for the Study of Evolution (SSE), cosigned by Society of Systematic Biologists and American Society of Naturalists
Along with Zack Kopplin, we thank all of these organizations and individuals for their support of the repeal effort. Should we receive additional letters and statements, we will update this post.